Cii Forum
Please login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cii Forum
Please login.
Cii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for the program Cii (Wii PC).

I just created the forum. Please come back often and post!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Inflation Control

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Inflation Control Empty Inflation Control Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:45 am

KiteMikami

KiteMikami
Cii Trainer
Cii Trainer

So, from what I've heard, there's going to be a way to make your own games in 4.0 (or some other version in the future). You'd script it using Cii++.

Well, you're going to need some way to control the points that the people give out for their games. Admin overview would take too long. There may be a lot of games coming in at once, and I don't think people want to wait a day or two for their games to be rated and approved.

You need some sort of arbitrary limit. For example, you could say that the max points a certain action (gaining score, killing a creature, beating the game, etc) can give you is "x". You'd also set the max points you can get from the game would be ("y"). That way, you'd limit the number of points a game could give you. If you did things without "x", people would make a game that gives you "y" points for doing something simple, just to get their Cii points up. Without "y", people would make easy games that give you tons of Cii points. Either way, you would end up with it being too easy to get Cii points, and eventually you'd have inflation. Everything would cost, say, 1000 Cii points, and everyone would have 100,000.

tldr: Control the number of Cii points individual games can give you.

http://It's down...

2Inflation Control Empty Re: Inflation Control Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:03 pm

link3000

link3000
Cii Adept Gamer
Cii Adept Gamer

We (or at least I) are planning for the pass/fail system is to just have someone play and beat the game to pass or fail it.

3Inflation Control Empty Re: Inflation Control Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:30 pm

KiteMikami

KiteMikami
Cii Trainer
Cii Trainer

You'd still need a maximum.

http://It's down...

4Inflation Control Empty Re: Inflation Control Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:26 pm

link3000

link3000
Cii Adept Gamer
Cii Adept Gamer

If it gets out of hand, we can do it FML style, with users allowing/disallowing games.

Also, btw, you seem pretty helpful compared to the cynic at my house the other day.. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum