Cii Forum
Please login.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cii Forum
Please login.
Cii Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The forum for the program Cii (Wii PC).

I just created the forum. Please come back often and post!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cii as a program, not a game...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cii as a program, not a game... Empty Cii as a program, not a game... Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:38 am

nicktheslayer

Cii Trainer
Cii Trainer

I think Cii should be used more as a program to open and play games, not be the game itself.

You could download games, that would need to be opened and played through Cii. A way to get people more involved with Cii, would be to make a Stand alone demo that would not need Cii to open it.

Because it is a program, it could have its own instant messenger, A game save function, updated adds for new games, awarded trophies, for those who beat certain games, on certain difficulties, etc.

Does anyone like this idea?

2Cii as a program, not a game... Empty Re: Cii as a program, not a game... Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:52 am

link3000

link3000
Cii Adept Gamer
Cii Adept Gamer

Thats what Cii is already. I know that the games are currently embedded in the .exe package themselves, but running external game files inside of Cii has already been in discussion for a while now and is confirmed in Cii 4.0.

As for the IM system, I'm for that, but as long as the host/server is completely handled by the clients. Since this is a free-to-play game, our server is probably going to be 2-4 Gb and we will only be able to handle the download requests and browsing.

3Cii as a program, not a game... Empty Re: Cii as a program, not a game... Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:11 am

Admin

Admin
Cii Adept Gamer
Cii Adept Gamer

link3000 wrote:Thats what Cii is already. I know that the games are currently embedded in the .exe package themselves, but running external game files inside of Cii has already been in discussion for a while now and is confirmed in Cii 4.0.

As for the IM system, I'm for that, but as long as the host/server is completely handled by the clients. Since this is a free-to-play game, our server is probably going to be 2-4 Gb and we will only be able to handle the download requests and browsing.

Exactly. But IM is not needed but it could be in games you download.

https://ciiforum.forumotion.net

4Cii as a program, not a game... Empty Re: Cii as a program, not a game... Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:37 am

link3000

link3000
Cii Adept Gamer
Cii Adept Gamer

Admin wrote:
Exactly. But IM is not needed but it could be in games you download.
Exactly.
EDIT:
Also, every GM game is a program, so therefore your conclusion was redundant.

5Cii as a program, not a game... Empty Re: Cii as a program, not a game... Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:29 am

cruzer323

Cii Trainer
Cii Trainer

Why not have a chat application in the Shop?

http://www.cruzersdarknet.co.cc

6Cii as a program, not a game... Empty Re: Cii as a program, not a game... Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:45 am

link3000

link3000
Cii Adept Gamer
Cii Adept Gamer

Again, for the BILLIONTH time, we ARE going to use networking in v4.0, and we ARE using a variation of Friend Codes, and there is NO promise of messaging, but it is most likely that we will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum